2012/02/22

2012年2月21日 Dogs

Is it fiction yet?
Pride is for lions in groups, and dogs who don't believe in wasting food.
"Yeah, I don't like Catholics."
"Huh..."

Now enters a guy into the conversation who was just over hearing me, apparently he took my commentary personally towards him, which was a mistake on his part. And although I didn't say it, I meant to say militant Catholics. 

"What did you say about Catholics?" 
Is what I think he said, but I could have been wrong. He said something angrily and started to close in on me from 5 feet to 2.5 feet away in a very threatening manner.

Standing and thinking,
not possible for some people
I can't remember what he said as it all sounded like angry grunting. He stood there trying to stare me down, and it was more or less working. I didn't have the heart to tell him not to threaten me with commentary, but I backed down. I said something like, "I don't mind." or "I like Catholics." to sooth his anger. What bothered me the most was that if someone says, "I don't like Nazis." I wouldn't get up in their face and threaten violence. Nor would I if someone said, "I don't like Jews." If they said, "I think Jews should die." That's another issue.

Here's probably how it played in mister angry-man's head,
What was said: I don't like Catholics.
What he heard: CATHOLICS ARE A BUNCH OF CHILD-MOLESTERS
What other people heard: I'm generally a noisy asshole who talks about my dislikes VERY loudly 
I guess the dude can't stand and think.
It's a shame the guy didn't take a moment to assess what was being said.

I suppose what made me disappointed in that guy was if he threatened my life or another's body, maiming, or exploiting my disability, I would consider using lethal force. In fact, I don't think he even knew why I had my hand in my pocket... As I painfully smiled at him.

Angry guy's wife after she
calls him an asshole
We have a right to feel the way we do. We have likes and dislikes, if someone doesn't like what I'm saying they voice their opinion or leave (or ask me to leave if it's their house). I don't like Israeli Apartheid Week put on by Palestinians, but this is America and I can counter-protest; however, it is never okay for violence or physical intimidation to come into effect so that a person gets what they want or "wins" an argument. We have a natural human right to defend our bodies, home, and another from violent aggression. 

Just like most dogs, I'm wondering if his pride got to the better of him. I'm also wondering if a complete stranger can piss him off with just 4 words, - which clearly convey the OPINION of one person, - what is going to happen to when his GF/Wife tells him he's an asshole? I can't imagine she'll go to work the next day without a lot of foundation and huge-sunglasses.

When left, I actually looked over to the "Huh-face" girl and said,
"That's exactly what I'm talking about with Catholics!"

I don't think I learned anything, yet.

It's a shame I might run into this guy again.
My response?
I'll do what I normally do with angry people: Smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment