2019/04/17

2019年04月17日 Co-workers again(?)


Sometimes I have co-workers who either have no idea what the fuck they are saying. Or sometimes they say things in such a regurgitated fashion, leaving me unable to determine if they actually have a character or if they're a robot. The few co-workers I can get to laugh are often the best-- at floating around and on the fence, generally too skittish to volunteer much. 

With jobs or careers, or at least in some places in the world: everyone is an expert, but no one knows shit. Seems to be the case at work, or rather it seems to be the case that no one genuinely cares about efficiency. How anything gets done-- or rather the amount of the money wasted to get things done, without severely stressing out employees, is beyond me.

I understand however that as one advances, even professionally in one's career, the distance between others becomes significantly increased. The level of ambition seemingly negates genuine human connection, possibly even makes friendships facile. 

Perhaps I'm wrong, - Lord knows, I'd like to be -  but it appears that only two age groups, that I'm aware of, associate with others outside of the aforementioned scope, in their free-time. The elderly, retired or not, and those between the ages of 4 and 26. Basically, it's a time when people are either out of college or about to be, undergrad/grad or about to die. I think. I'm certain there is no guarantee, I'm just watching the trends, and I'm seeing it at levels where it's no longer sufficient to say it's anecdotal. Every other association seems to be about hobbies or "what can this do for me?"


Again, could be wrong, but even if one says, "This won't be me. It cannot happen." The trends of friendship, - obviously poorly defined here - don't seemingly exist in upper echelons of society. And those at that level, seemingly have associations and hobby partners. It seems to me that those who appear to be waiting for a train have got someone to talk to about stuff. 

Everyone else seems to be floating around like Stoner.
I now know why co-workers go to work, spend more time around me, with me, with others, and go home to people who they care about. How do we even know who a person is anymore, compared to others? My credit-card has more diversity than some people's character...

No comments:

Post a Comment